Monday, July 12, 2010

Flexing my green thumb

Sorry it's a little fuzzy, blame it on the iPhone and humidity

Check out that haul! I decided over the weekend to spruce up our back patio. So off I went to Home Depot armed with a loose idea...but little did I know how little the employees there could help. So I put the top down on the car, stretched a blanket out in the back and left with some plants.

And then I saw Cox Farms market and just had to stop in. It was amazing! All plants were 40% off except for these beautiful hanging baskets I picked up...but guess how much I got them for?


$6.99!!

And I don't think the picture really gives an idea of the scale of these beauties...they are huge!

Now, I just need to make sure that I don't go from a green thumb to more of a black widow and keep it all alive.

Transporting all of these out of my car, up a flight of stairs and putting it out back led me to believe I didn't need to workout today. Which was much needed. I started Jillian Michael's 30-day Shred back up yesterday, and EVERY SINGLE muscle in my body aches. It's quite sad that one 30 minute workout made me yelp this morning to turn off the alarm. But it didn't stop me from hitting snooze 5 times! No pain, no gain right...all in the quest for a few more Z's.

After all, being the domestic goddess that I am, all of this gardening, cooking Fried Green Tomato BLT's, and working out...I really need my beauty sleep.

1 comment:

  1. $6.99 are you serious? I have to get some! I was hoping to go to wegmans tomorrow, so I will go to this nursery as well! I'm excited!!

    ReplyDelete