Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Everything is coming up daisies

Highly productive day...I can now call myself a gardener! It only took multiple trips to Home Depot. Seriously, by the end of the day, the guy at the returns desk knew me by name. You see, I returned the original plants I purchased in exchange for these beauties.

These are just a few. The first pot has green bell peppers, banana peppers, and pimento. I planted the second planter with a particular color scheme in mind. Notice anything?

Even our yard gnome has a home!

We have owned the metal planters since our stay in Denver, and sadly it only held plants for the record setting rate I killed a pair of ficus trees. Hopefully I will have better success the second time around. After all I did my homework. I read that if pots and planters don't have a drainage hole, it could lead to root rot. So what would any domestic goddess do, I drove myself to Home Depot. I marched right up to an associate and told him what I needed, while all of the "men" inside the store congregated discussing the best possible solution to their problems. I had my purchase in under 5 minutes. The funny thing is I saw one group cave after I grabbed mine and ask for help too!

First, I knew Michael had a drill somewhere. Second, I bought a special drill bit. And Voila! I strapped on a pair of safety goggles (Michael aren't you proud!) and drilled my own holes into the planters! No root rot for this green thumb!

I am also working on this cool little project...


I'll share the finished product tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. It's sharing time: the last plants in those planters lasted maybe 5 days. And they were indoor plants from Home Depot. Not to mention the graveyard we had last time planters were put on that balcony...

    Having said that, I´ll take the over on 5 days because I know what this domestic diva can do when she puts her mind to it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The plants look great! Good luck, I know you can do it. I love puttering with my plants, but HATE actual yardwork. Go figure....

    ReplyDelete