Saturday, July 10, 2010

And the jumpstart ends with a crash


If a man wants to eat a turkey on Thanksgiving, what does a turkey want?...It simply wants to run away.

Or if it's me...I would go running in the opposite direction.

I am happy to announce I made it through four day period known as the "jump-start" in the Flat Belly Diet. Well I almost made it...until I thought about eating turkey again and I just couldn't do it. So after work I hightailed it to Wegmans and bought real food. Sushi, dumplings, hummus, and yes a little bit of turkey. But this time I will be eating it with bread and miracle whip (see, I learned a little bit, no mayo). I also have grand plans for the most amazing BLT for dinner tomorrow night. How does this sound: toasted bread, thick slices of bacon from the meat counter, a goat cheese spread, and then the cherry on top...a great big fried green tomato. Oh yeah...I've fallen off the flat belly wagon hard.



In total I lost 3.2lbs and just about 2 inches around the largest part of my belly. So I essentially lost water weight. Which I am kind of okay with. My ultimate goal is 10lbs. (well in my dream world it's 15lbs.). The best thing to come out of this diet is I really enjoyed the Sassy Water. As odd as it sounds, I have never really enjoyed the "taste" of water. To me water is used for bathing and swimming, not drinking. But the Sassy Water was really refreshing and I am actually going to continue drinking it. I went from maybe drinking one of those little sample cups a day to over 2 liters!

From now on, I am going to try and eat these smaller 400 calorie meals, BUT if I fall off the wagon and "suddenly" find myself in the McDonald's drive-thru...no guilt here. I just going to work out to compensate.

Starting tomorrow I am popping in the workout DVD. Michael and I really got into great shape from Jillian's 30-day Shred, so good-bye flat belly book (it's due back to the library anyways), hello the loving encouragement of Jillian.

I guess she is the lesser of two evils. I will just keep repeating this mantra to get through...no more low-sodium turkey....no more low sodium turkey.

So raise your glass of Sassy Water and repeat after me..."McDonald's is not evil." I'm sure you can get at least a daily recommended vegetable serving. Come on, it's got onions and lettuce and I'm sure there is something lurking in that special sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment