Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Day 1 down only 3 more to go!

I am counting the hours down until this little experiment of mine is done. And I have been pretty successful sticking to it.

Breakfast wasn't that bad at all. Loved the pineapple and the cream of wheat wasn't too bad...after I added honey to sweeten it. But I figured it was okay because I skipped the cup of fat-free milk. I did my homework! Well, actually I just googled it, but the milk has more calories than the honey. Paired with 1/4 cup of sunflower seeds and my glass of Sassy Water and I was actually quite full.

Lunch was nothing special and strangely filling: turkey, grape tomatoes with balsamic vinegar, string cheese and more Sassy Water.

Dinner is the hardest part of this whole diet. 1 cup Green beans and 1/2 roasted potatoes (tossed with olive oil and oregano) are great, but the protein not so much. I thought I would mix it up by not repeating the turkey and have tuna fish instead. Word to the wise, tuna fish should only be enjoyed with mayo and mustard, both of which are not remotely on my diet. I guess I need to get over my aversion to chicken (unless fried and also not on the diet)!

The Sassy Water is probably the best part of this diet. It's refreshing and the perfect compliment to the record setting heat we have in NOVA. Just in case anyone is curious here's the recipe:

2 liters of water (about 8 1/2 cups)
1 medium cucumber (peeled and thinly sliced)
1 lemon (thinly sliced)
12 medium sized mint leaves
1 teaspoon of fresh grated ginger

You should make all of this the night prior to drinking so the ingredients have a chance to "meld."

So, like any good scientist I made it a point to weigh myself and measure my pudgy belly. It will be a cold day in hell before I share those numbers. I am really curious how this is all going to turn out at the end of the four days. But the oddest thing happened to me today. I had intense cravings for REALLY bad for me food. As I left my pedicure the exit was next door to the Cheesecake Factory. I wanted more than anything to stop in and eat dinner and desert. And if that wasn't bad enough, the drive home I went by a Silver Diner and couldn't stop thinking about pancakes (which I don't really like).

Ugh, I guess I will just have another glass of Sassy Water...

No comments:

Post a Comment