Tuesday, July 6, 2010

All it takes is a little bit of sass...

As Lindsay Lohan heads off to jail, I am joining in solidarity and detoxing.


Well actually Lindsay has nothing to do with it, but we'll see if this diet leads me to drink.

Even though I first made fun of the flat belly diet (see prior post) and originally picked it up hoping for a few great fatty, butter filled recipes, I am giving it a chance.

I figure it will give me at least four more days to put off exercising.

Tomorrow kicks off the "Four-Day Anti-Bloat Jumpstart." For the next few days I will be eating 4 times a day, 4 hours apart, and spend 4 dollars at McDonald's after this is all over...forget the McDonald's part.

The diet promises that following a 1200 calorie-a-day diet (1600 after the first four days) will rid my body of body bloat and feel great at the same time!! I'm not holding my breath, but giving it a chance.

So, $90 later I am ready to beat the bloat! It's pretty strict, but nothing could be too bad with the fantastic option of "Sassy Water." That's right I get to drink 2-liters of the flamboyantly titled cocktail each day. Just four days of this water and fresh ginger, cucumber, lemon, mint blend and I will no longer have the urge to reach for such belly bloaters as soda and tea. Yeah, I am not holding my breath on that either. But anyways, I will keep you apprised of my progress.

On the agenda tomorrow...a tasty breakfast of cream of wheat, fat-free milk, fruit, sunflower seeds and "Sassy Water." Lunch: sodium-free turkey, string cheese, green beans, and Sassy Water. For a snack, a smoothie that doesn't sound that bad. It's dinner that's kind of got me. More turkey, grape tomatoes, red potatoes and more Sassy Water.



So raise your glass of Sassy Water (or in Linday's case a shot of tequila)...here's to day one!

3 comments:

  1. Let me know how that sassy water goes...I might need some in a few months! Elena cried for her "Yay-see" after you got out of the car on Monday, and she even asked about you on Tuesday! :) Rianna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh I've found you! If you can't be reached by phone, the next best thing is blog. Let me know what the ginger to cucumber to lemon to mint to water ratio is. I have all the ingredients at home, and looks like it may be a sassy summer drink I need to try. I also liked the use of the work apprised-nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I thougt my food was bad...

    Actually, that all sounds a lot better than what I'm eating! And the plat ust looks cold and refreshing. Ah, I remember cold food and drinks...

    ReplyDelete