Thursday, July 1, 2010

Fat Belly to FLAT Belly

Ugh, I have let myself go. And it started so innocently...

I got swept off my feet, worked my butt off to fit into this dress for the wedding...


*no stomach sucking in needed

Felt great in a bathing suit on our honeymoon, and then...

I discovered my metabolism is no longer what it was, the joy of butter (and more butter, thanks Julia) and domestic bliss.

BUT I am not happy with my current weight/shape. I had to go to the doctor's earlier this week for a sinus infection and was shocked at the number (won't be sharing that number) that popped up on the scale. So, I am picking up my butt off the couch and getting to work. I randomly picked up this book from the library.

Love the use of the cheerful yellow background with cupcakes, like dieting is soooo much fun!

Now to be completely honest...at first glance I thought the book read FAT belly cookbook, so what's a butter loving girl to do, I picked it up. HUGE sign I have not been eating healthy. The plan is to give this diet a shot leading up to my big girl's weekend at the end of the month, while also dusting off my copy of the 30-day Shred. Wish me luck!

BUT FIRST...

I am making these brownies for the 4th of July.


Honestly, you can't expect me to head to the lake house surrounded by great food and drink and not indulge...that's just wrong.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Lacey, THe Brownies were wonderful! I finished them off when we got home. Thank you so much for bringing them. We loved seeing you this weekend. Love, Astrid

    ReplyDelete