Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Bad Luck comes in 3's

Yuck, Yuck, and double Yuck.

The past few days have not been the "best." It's probably because I had the most amazing weekend with Reema and Sarah leading up to our big girl's weekend. We kicked off the night with dinner at Courtside Thai.


The food is amazing, the atmosphere is perfect, and the owners are some of the friendliest I have ever met. It's kind of weird how much of a difference it makes if the owners are personable and actually seem like they are happy you are there. And I know this might sound bad...but have you ever noticed how certain Asian restaurants really seem like they don't like you and could care less for your patronage. Don't get me wrong, I would drink Lampu's white sauce by the bottle, but getting a drink refill is harder than winning more than a free ticket on a scratch-off.

All I will say about the remaining of the evening is that it involved tasting our way through the Virginian wine country, eating chef Boyardee, the longest and I mean longest story ever, and waking up the next morning realizing I wasn't alone in my bed....scandalous I know! But what happens on girl's weekend stays with girl's weekend.

Saturday we spent way to much at my mother's Disney, Wegmans and laid by the pool all day. And Sunday's shopping trip made me realize just how difficult it is to spend a gift certificate at anywhere besides J.Crew.

Now the bad news,

In the past three days the following has happened...

Someone thought it would be a great idea to steal my front license plate, I most certainly have gained all flat belly weight back, AND I chipped my front tooth!!

My car will no longer be known as the official Gator Bug of Virginia. My most creative plate of GTR BUG is more than likely hanging in someones sports room or garage. Boo!

Ah, my former flat belly is more like a "I am stretching it plenty for my cruise" belly. At least that's what I am telling myself. Midnight Buffet anyone?

And to top it off I CHIPPED MY TOOTH. Well, it's not exactly my tooth, it's a bond...but still. I look more West Virginia housewife than Virginia. We don't have a dentist here, so I am seriously considering trying to pop into Dr. Flach's office in Mount Dora before I leave for my cruise. Fingers crossed he is on our insurance. And I know we don't leave for another week and how could my vain self handle it. It's not that bad. Seriously no one noticed until I made them look. I guess I should have rethought that garlic pasta before having them all up in my grill.

So, away with the bad luck and bring on the good. No, not just good. How about amazing! Maybe I will wake up in the morning, my boobs suddenly bigger, my stomach flatter, and my husband home! I girl can dream...

2 comments:

  1. wow, that is a lot of bad luck. have fun on your cruise and I hope Michael makes it home before you leave for the cruise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps - I randomly chipped my front tooth a few months ago and I have NO IDEA how I did it...so you aren't alone!!

    ReplyDelete