Wednesday, March 31, 2010

These are a few of my favorite things!

You must! must! Read this blog. I stumbled upon it this week and have read almost the entire blog (start to finish). The author Nie used to be known for having one of the top lifestyle blogs, until she and her husband were in a tragic airplane crash. Her story of survival, trying to return to her prior life (she suffered burns on 80% of her body, her husband 30%), and style of writing is just captivating.

Nienie Dialogues

While trying to wean myself off of HGTV and the Canadian accent I stumbled upon a new guilty pleasure: Trading Spouses. It is best trashy, "oh my god" television you can get during the day. I know it's really old and nothing new but I just discovering it in reruns on CMT and I can't get enough. I seriously plan the rest of my day around it's two hour block. In case you don't watch, the premise is two families switch a member (usually the mom) and check out if the grass is greener on the other side. Craziness ensue. Here is a clip of probably the most infamous episode.



And see it is also highly educational (see prior post). I now know what a "God Warrior" is...it's kind of scary.


No comments:

Post a Comment