Monday, March 15, 2010

Better than Disney...

I took a little break last week blogging to entertain our first house guest...my mom! Although Michael will probably say it was because he was out of town for much of the visit and couldn't nag me to death.

For most of the visit, my mom and I took it easy. You see, it is very difficult to get yourself ready and out the door with only one functioning leg and a 50lb. boot on the other. But I did take my mom to one spot I knew she would just love...Wegmans.


And after wandering around the store for just under 2 hours (me in one of those motorized scooters that move ridiculously slow) my mom sighs, and exclaims "This is better than Disney!" Now if you don't live in the area, you probably asking yourself what is this Wegmans? In short, it's a grocery store...but it's not just any grocery. It has EVERYTHING.


Two restaurants (including a fresh seafood one), a bakery that rivals the finest restaurant, sushi bar, hundreds of different cheeses, wine cellar, an organic section as large as most other groceries. You name it, they have it. Of the ten days my mom was here, we went pretty much every other day.

We also went and saw Alice in Wonderland in 3-D. I was pleasantly surprised. Don't get me wrong, I was super excited about the movie, the 3-D, not so much. Last time Michael and I spend the day at the Smithsonian we saw a movie on sardine migration (yes, thrilling I know) and the 3-D was kind of annoying. The glasses were awkward and if you didn't look straight on, it was kind of blurry. My mom and I loved the movie, Michael mixed reaction.

And so, I begin my first week at home without my mom's help. I miss her already...

1 comment:

  1. I personally think you should have posted a picture of you in the motorized scooter.

    ReplyDelete