Wednesday, March 3, 2010

On a Bed of Roses...

"To prop your foot: A Bed of Roses!"

This was the note that accompanied a great little care package I received from my lovely in-laws. And a box with all of this:


And all my good good karma tricks (always spitting my gum out into a trash can, picking pennies up only when heads up, etc.) must have paid off....this was also delivered...

Aren't they just gorgeous! My lovely bosses sent it. It's so funny what a difference a year makes. This time last year I was HATING my job. Well, I guess not the job, just the management. Right now, I love everything about my work. A great team that truly supports each other and amazing clients I enjoy working with every day.

And since I seem to be picture posting happy today, here is a picture of my snazzy new accessory. "Das Booooot" as Michael and I love to call it.

Yes, that is my Gator Snuggie

I get to wear this monstrous thing for the next few weeks. I HATE IT! It's super awkward and very heavy. Das Boot also has this odd air pump system. It's kind of like the old Nike Pump shoes. I did receive permission from Dr. Michael (my husband, and no he didn't run out and get his medical degree, he just acts like it) to not wear it when I am just laying around. The hardest part is sleeping with it on. Like I said before it's HEAVY. I compare it to wearing your roller blades or ski boot to bed. But I guess if that's the only complaint I have, my life isn't that bad.

For now, I am starting to plan my first big outing. Friday I am Michael's date to....(drum roll please)....

The Regional First Robotics Competition! Wahooooo! I kid, I kid...I am actually very excited to get out of the house and cheer on Michael's team. He has been volunteering and mentoring a local high school group. But it doesn't sound promising. Michael says he will be just happy if the robot runs.

No comments:

Post a Comment