Friday, February 26, 2010

Off with the toe!

Well not exactly my toe, I guess that is kind of melodramatic.

I am currently writing from my bed, uncomfortable, tired, and just a little bit bored. But on the upside there is a marathon of "16 and Pregnant." Totally addicting and yet another show that Michael doesn't quite get.

Back to my foot....my left foot had what we affectionately called my "sixth toe." I went to the doctors after completely self-diagnosing myself on WebMd with a bunionette. Apparently it is only a bunion if its located on your big toe. After taking X-rays I was able to see just how messed up my foot was...take a peek at this.

My pinkie toe is suppose to be nice and straight just like my other toes, obviously its not. So the doctor needed to go in and straighten it out.

Here's what he did: went in, broke the bone, took a piece out (like a wedge of a cake, his words not mine), swung it back in, and used two screws to keep it together.

So now I am all posted up in our bed, looking forward to each time I get to take another Vicodin, and realizing just how great a caregiver my husband is. He is my "murse." Nurse sounded too feminine.

So after a short blogging hiatus I am back in full force.

No comments:

Post a Comment