Monday, February 8, 2010

Digging our way out...

That's my car on the left and Michael's on the right.

The blizzard of 2010...aka "Snowmageddon"...aka "Super Storm"...aka my new personal favorite "Snowtorious B.I.G" has officially left the building. It only left behind 32.4 inches in its wake.

Michael and I spent hours digging out our cars on Sunday. At first, the amount of snow was fun and awe inspiring, but after digging and digging and digging, losing feeling in your toes, and sinking in up to your hips, it got just a little old.

Of course, our planned Super Bowl party was canceled. Our guests may have been able to make it out here, but there was no where to park. Everyone in our neighborhood only dug out their own parking spaces, and snow etiquette dictates "If you didn't shovel it, then it wasn't shoveled for you."

On the flip side, I got so many things done around the house. Some early spring cleaning and finished recovering our ottoman.

Michael and I also rented three movies from Blockbuster. Which the clerk said was by far the best picks he had seen all day. I wonder if they say that to everyone? We rented "500 Days of Summer," "Zombie Land," and "The Hurt Locker." The first two were great. It was really nice to see a love story from a guy's perspective. One of the guys I work with said it best, "Every guy remembers their own Summer." "Zombie Land" was also a great movie to pass the time with for both of us. "The Hurt Locker" is on the agenda for tonight. Leaving us with only three movies out of the ten nominated for Best Picture for us to see (Wahoo! A personal goal of mine).

P.S. It looks like we will have plenty of time to watch them. An additional 10-20 inches of snow is in the forecast for tomorrow. I am beginning to think snow isn't as magical...

1 comment:

  1. Hey Lady, I thought you were going to be giving us daily updates??!! ;)

    ReplyDelete