Thursday, August 5, 2010

Home Sweet Home...at least for a few days.

Michael and I have turned into quite the jet setters...but no complaints here. Racking up the frequent flier miles! Well actually, that's not true. It would be amazing if we could spend some of that travel together!

My dear husband spent a month running around the desert on his big adventure. But the location, temperatures in the triple digits, and a hint of danger kind of made me stay put in the suburbs of DC. Don't get me wrong, we all know how much I just love spending time outside, sweating and dodging for cover, but I just couldn't get myself on the plane.
It's actually quite pretty...
It is fashionable to decorate your vehicle. Like we're talking beads that sound like wind chimes hanging from the back!

Check out that beard! Isn't he sexy??

Michael returned only to drop me off at the airport the following day. For what you may ask...Girl's Weekend 2010!!

All Aboard!!

We drank... a lot. We ate...a lot. We gossiped...a lot. I soaked up the sun... a lot (with the peeling nose to prove it). Overall the perfect trip. Fortunately I did not weigh myself before the trip. But the multiple breakfasts, lunches (yes plural), and many entrees (in one sitting) did add to my waistline. Gasp, I was unable to zip up one of my dresses by the end of the trip. And another gasp, all of the weight gain and lack of clothes fitting didn't stop once we stepped off the boat. NONE of US spent less than $8 at Taco Bell upon returning. When on a cruise do as other cruisers...stuff your face and worry about it later. That's what sweatpants are for!

Here's a few of my favorite pics from the weekend.

Reema and I survived the heat for our muster just in time for the bar to open!

Arghhh

Welcome to Atlantis!




Elisabeth who is that sneaking up on you?!?!?

Oh it's the man dancing around barefoot!




It was a good thing Michael was used to the heat...our A/C broke the night I left for my trip. For days, our condo neared the 90 degree mark. Adding a sunburn suffered by both of us, and it made for a pleasant homecoming.

Just in time for the A/C to be fixed...Michael left for his own guy's trip. A...get this...Mustachelor Party. Yes, not just a bachelor party, but every one of the 15 guys on the trip grew out a nice little stache to make all other cruisers uncomfortable. Hmmm...I wonder if we girls decided not to shave our legs if we would get the same reaction.

My bearded dreamboat returns Monday only to empty the suitcase and fill it again. We're heading to Dallas! The home of big belt buckles, big hair, and big fat Republican pot bellies...well scratch that last part. I will be contributing a big fat DEMOCRAT belly. I wonder if I will blend in. Any restaurant recommendations to add a few inches? FLAT Belly to FAT Belly or bust....my zipper.

1 comment:

  1. You are soo funny! I didn't know about the mustash part of the bachelor party-ha!

    ReplyDelete