Sunday, August 8, 2010

Just when I finally decide to complete a project...

This weekend was one of those where I caught myself sighing and exclaiming "this is just perfect" (yes, I am quite use to talking to myself). Of course, it would have been even better if my dear husband was in at least the same zip code. But I know he is having just as much fun participating in a good friends "mustachelor" party.

I began the weekend randomly wandering around my favorite haunt Wegman's. With Michael out of town I knew this was my opportunity to indulge in a few of my favorite "single" lady habits. Mine involves a whole lot of humus, Fruity Pebbles, girly apple cider beer (don't judge), and a marathon of Hoarding and HGTV. As much as I love company, sometimes nothing feels better than napping undisturbed, eating cereal 3 times in one day, and watching a certain show without your significant other telling you you have eerily similar characteristics to the disturbed individuals you love to watch.

Nothing better than fresh flowers to start your day.

Saturday morning I got up at the butt crack of dawn...6AM!! It might as well have been 4AM, I am not a morning person. The reason for waking up with the roosters...Little Green Notebook's big sale at the Arlington Flea Market. I simply knew it was meant to be when the date was changed and I was going to be in town.

After a short call to Sarah, we were all set and ready to get our shop on.

Jenny is an amazing interior designer with a great flair for updating god awful pieces of furniture into something brilliant and bright. Only one problem...apparently a lot of her blog readers had the same idea. We arrived at 7:10am and over half of the items were gone and spoken for. I did manage to snag a few treasures.

A huge side table, chair frame and 2 lamp shades for $50! Now I know the chair is missing a major piece for sitting, but it's nothing a piece of plywood and staple gun can't solve. I haven't decided what color I am going to paint it (I know it will be bright like red or turquoise) and the fabric is going to be something fun too. Same thing with the lamp shades. I just love the shape and plan on covering them in fabric. Now, I just need a house to put them in...

The cool luggage I found while we were loading Sarah's SUV. I have a thing for vintage luggage and this set is lined in purple satin!

My little bug can do anything! You can only imagine the looks I got driving down the road.

Because we were up bright and early I had my whole day ahead of me. It was really odd to be out and about, go out to breakfast, and unload my car all before my normal 10am rising. So what did I do...came home and took a nap.

ATTENTION ALL DISBELIEVERS! (i.e. Michael) My thumb does have a little green in it. Check out my peppers!


Bet you know what I had for dinner...

My Hoarding marathon also inspired me to clean the house from top to bottom. I figure nothing is better than coming home to an immaculately clean house.

One of the individuals on the show, had piles and piles of projects that eventually they claimed they would complete...hmmm doesn't sound like anyone I know. I figure maybe I should get around to sewing those living room pillows that I have had the fabric for since February. Only one problem....

MY SEWING MACHINE IS A PIECE OF @%#!

I guess things were going just a little too perfectly. Tomorrow I am going to head to JoAnn's and find out if its worth it to fix it.

But until then I am going to cling to the rest of my weekend and single girl habits. Eat my Kit Kat with chocolate milk and watch the best night of television (Big Brother, True Blood, Hung, Entourage, and Mad Men). AND I may have another bowl of cereal while we're talking about it...

1 comment:

  1. You were very productive. I actually organized our "guest" room in the hotel. It actually functions now-and I have read a few books, watched a marathon of Bethanny Getting Married AND took a few too many naps in there this weekend. It's nice to have my own little retreat in the hotel (even if it does have garbage bags stacked to the ceiling).

    ReplyDelete