Monday, April 5, 2010

Spring is here!

Michael and I spent our first Easter in Virginia and it was just gorgeous!

The Easter bunny did stop by our house this year, leaving me with a basket full of goodies. He did not leave any eggs (which I guess is a good thing). Me hobbling around on crutches in my night gown chasing plastic eggs may have raised a few eyebrows in our neighborhood. Although I will proudly admit to hunting eggs with my family until I was in my early 20's. No shame in my game...our Easter bunny left money!

After a short delay, okay maybe a LONG delay do to a broken tripod and Michael's NEED to fix it, we stepped out in our Easter finest and hit the road.

This was the first weekend to put the top down on the car too. The skies were the perfect blue and the cherry blossoms were in full bloom. After much research we decided D.C.'s cherry trees would have to wait this year. Parking would be a nightmare and once again the crutches would get in the way with hundreds of thousands of people. BUT we found the next best thing.

The Meadowlark Gardens are near our house and it's beautiful.
They let me borrow a wheelchair...yay for me! Boo for Michael...the hills were tough.

Isn't my husband handsome?


We finished up the day with Easter dinner at Sarah and Josh's. The sides, the essential Honey Baked Ham, and eating on their wedding china made the meal just perfect. We also discussed their upcoming kitchen remodel plans and I volunteered to help with the tiling (I may regret this later) . I look at it as research for when we finally get a place of our own.

When we reach that reality I will get my own pink tool belt (bedazzled of course) and get swinging with a sledge-hammer...and I will have my own version of HGTV's results (minus the Canadian accent).

No comments:

Post a Comment